I’ve been a Mental Health Therapist and advocate for 20 years. I’ve led more than a dozen workshops on intimate partner abuse and trauma-informed care. Since 2015, I’ve had a private practice in Seattle’s Madison Valley, and I currently offer in-person and telehealth appointments.
Beginning in 2007, I also performed all around the PNW with a burlesque and cirque arts performance troupe and discovered the profound joy and healing that group theatre performance can bring.
And now, I help Artists/Creatives and multi-passionate professionals find healing and restoration from trauma-based anxiety, depression, and chronic stress so they can consciously grow their creative capacity.
A Bit About My Experience:
- I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in Washington State.
- I hold a Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling Psychology from Seattle University.
- Over ten years within community mental health agencies provided me with extensive experience helping folks who struggled with mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and trauma.
- My work at DAWN (Domestic Abuse Women’s Network) provided me with experience in working with individual women and young adults who have experienced intimate partner abuse. It was through this work that I developed my love of helping those impacted by IPV find empowerment and create healthier relationships with themselves and others.
- I am most influenced by Mindfulness-based approaches such as Hakomi and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, and I have post-graduate training in attachment-focused Psychodynamic therapy.
- I have presented as a community educator on the topics of intimate partner abuse and trauma; I also offer clinical evaluations for clients seeking asylum and immigration relief related to human rights abuse.
And about me…
- Outside of work, I connect to my playful side through singing, live music, and cirque arts.
- Morning coffee! Cats of any kind! Nature trails! Gelato and Alki Beach.
- On my bucket list? Witnessing the Northern Lights, Horseback riding in the Scottish Highlands, and learning to cut fish for sashimi and sushi.