Sara Elkington, MA, LMHC
A Bit About My Experience:
- I hold a Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling Psychology from Seattle University.
- My nine years of work within community mental health agencies provided me with extensive experience helping folks who struggled with depression, anxiety, dissociation, trauma, and addiction.
- My work at DAWN (Domestic Abuse Women’s Network) provided me with extensive experience in working with Women and young adults. It was through this work that I began to love helping women find empowerment, healthy boundaries, and ultimately work towards creating healthier relationships with themselves and others.
- I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in Washington State.
- I am most influenced by Mindfulness based approaches such as Hakomi and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and I have a post-graduate training in Relational & Attachment based Psychodynamic therapy. I am also trained in Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for adults with PTSD.
- I have presented as a community educator on the topics of intimate partner abuse and trauma; I also offer clinical evaluations for clients seeking asylum and immigration relief related to human right’s abuse.
- I love working with visual artists, writers, creators, musicians, nerds/geeks and those who value creative expression.
And about me…
- Outside of work, I connect to my playful side through singing and cirque/burlesque arts.
- Morning coffee! Cats of any kind! Nature trails! Gelato and Alki Beach, especially at the same time.
- Hexing the Patriarchy. 😉